They pay significantly more than we expected.
The money hit my bank-account today. It’s official: Medium will pay authors.
Before we break up exactly what we made, below are a few appropriate links just in case this is actually the very first you’ve found out about moderate paying real cash to real individuals.
- Partner Program FAQ. You’ll understand how Medium determines what things to pay, exactly just exactly how claps influence payment, and much more nutrients.
- Would like to get pa >Anyway, right right here it really is. Paycheck # 1.
Observe that “How your locked tales contributed” component? If so when you then become a compensated writer, you’ll have actually a couple of choices before you publish:
- You are able to secure the whole tale and then make it readable for people just. This reduces the traffic you’ll have, however it’s the way that is only get. The four tales for the reason that screenshot had been the ones that are only thought we would secure, therefore moderate paid me personally for them. Sound right? Cool. Let’s check each one of the tales.
Locked Tale 1:
- 1K views, 843 reads, 78% read ratio
- 76 fans
- 617 claps
- Payment: $139.73
That one had been a little bit of a test as it ended up being my very first locked post. I needed to see compare contrast essay outline if composing locked tales as time goes on had been an idea that is good.
It is effortlessly among the best tales I’ve written on moderate. We go become an excellent indication if I’m laughing when I told the tragic tale of Chad, Stacy and the ex who would not let go as I write something, and I really never stopped laughing.
I’m good the traffic suffered it, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Medium’s estimated payment for my efforts because I chose to lock. And so I thought we would keep working.
Locked Stories 2 and 3:
- 51K combined views, 42K combined reads
- 8,800 combined fans
- 98K combined claps
- Combined re re payment: $50.05
Wondering why these stories got plenty traffic but therefore small repayment? It is considering that the majority that is vast of views and claps took place if they had been unlocked and free for anybody to see. We locked every one of them a few weeks after initially publishing.
So these whole tales are two high high quality examples of unlocked articles that went bananas until these were locked. When that happened, traffic found a screeching halt. We figured it can take place, but i needed to see just what the re re payment would ramp up being.
Allow the traffic numbers during these two tales be a concept to you personally: they make changes if you want to gain views, reads and followers, just write about Medium whenever.
Note: both these whole stories are unlocked once more should you want to read them.
A Continue reading