Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top position among this chic variety is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the rich selection of textures and colors, such flooring look magnificent and stylish, and match with almost any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not just by their presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it’s frequently used as the main element for decorating flooring.
One of the positive properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. Products aren’t afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mould;
- excellent https://1popechi.ru/ thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made from pure stone or wood.
However perfect this material is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate may include:
- The large price. The product, which may last over a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
To date, tile below the laminate is produced of 2 different types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The very first version of the coating is acquired by the technologies of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s produced from special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The end result is a durable and beautiful ending material.
The 2 kinds of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are readily available.